London Marathon Club Ballot
The club receives an allocation of London Marathon places, based on the numbers of registered members. Due to the demand for these places we hold a ballot of club members and the following rules establish who is eligible to enter this club ballot.
Please note: the club ballot is dependent on us receiving an allocation of race places for the London Marathon – we are hoping to have ONE place for the 2024 race but that there is no guarantee that the club will be allocated any places at all.
Eligibility Criteria for the 2024 London Marathon Ballot
- You must be a fully paid up Member of Huncote Harriers AC for 2023-2024 at the time of the draw (scheduled for Tuesday 26th November 2023).
- You must have joined the club before 1st November 2020.
- You must be a Runner Member i.e. not a 2nd Claim or Non Runner (Social) Member.
- Members who received one of the Club’s place in the 2020 London Marathon, the 2022 London Marathon or the 2023 London Marathon cannot enter the ballot this year.
- You must have entered the public ballot (in early 2023) and been rejected – proof of your rejection in the public ballot must be provided by production of the London Marathon Commiserations letter/magazine or email.
- If you are successful in this year’s draw, you will need to complete the online London Marathon entry form to confirm your place. The place is non-transferable to another person and can only be used by you.
- At the time of the draw, at least one extra name will be drawn out as a ‘reserve’ to be used in the event that any of the first people out of the draw surrender their place before completing the online entry form. Once the original people drawn have completed the online entry form this ‘reserve’ place is no longer relevant.
- If you are successful in this year’s draw, you will be excluded from the next two club London Marathon draws unless you are unable to take up a place and surrender it to to the ‘reserve’. Please note that completing the online entry form assumes you have taken up your place whether you eventually run the event or not. The ‘reserve’ will not be excluded from the next two draws unless they take end up taking a place surrendered by the original person drawn.