London Marathon Club Ballot
The club receives an allocation of London Marathon places, based on the numbers of registered members. Due to the demand for these places we hold a ballot of club members and the following rules have been applied to establish who is eligible to enter this club ballot.
Last year we received two places but the number for this year is yet to be confirmed.
Eligibility Criteria for the 2018 London Marathon Ballot
- You must be a fully paid up Member of Huncote Harriers AC for 2017-2018.
- You must have joined the club before 1st November 2015.
- You must be a Runner Member i.e. not a 2nd Claim or Non Runner (Social) Member.
- Members who received a Club place in the 2015 draw (for 2016 London Marathon) & the 2016 draw (for the 2017 London Marathon) cannot enter the ballot this year.
- You must have entered the public ballot (in May) and been rejected – you must provide proof of rejection in the public ballot by production of the London Marathon Commiserations letter/magazine and/or email.
- If you are successful in this year’s draw, the ballot place is non-transferable to another person and can only be used by you.
- If you are successful in this year’s draw, you will need to complete the online London Marathon entry form to confirm your place.
- At the time of the draw, at least one extra name will be drawn out as a ‘reserve’ to be used in the event that any of the first people out of the draw surrender their place before completing the online entry form as they know they will be unable to run. Once the original people drawn have completed the online entry form the ‘reserve’ is no longer relevant.
- If you are successful in this year’s draw, you will be excluded from the next two club London Marathon draws unless you are unable to take up a place and pass it on to the ‘reserve’. Please note that completing the online entry form assumes you have taken up your place whether you eventually run the event or not. The ‘reserve’ will not be excluded from the next two draws unless they take end up taking a place surrendered by the original person drawn.
Entering the Club Ballot
If you think all of the above applies to you and you would like your name entered into the draw please let Andy Wilford know and have your public ballot rejection handy for verification.
A Social Evening is usually arranged to conduct the draw, please keep your eye on the Latest News section for details.