London Marathon Club Ballot
The club receives an allocation of London Marathon places, based on the numbers of registered members (last year we received two places). Due to the demand for these places we hold a ballot of club members and the following rules have been applied to establish who is eligible to enter this club ballot.
Eligibility Criteria for the 2017 London Marathon Ballot
- You must be a fully paid up Member of Huncote Harriers AC for 2016-2017.
- You must have joined before 1st November 2014.
- You must a Runner Member i.e. not a 2nd Claim or Non Runner (Social) Member.
- Members who received a Club place in the 2014 draw (for 2015 London Marathon) & the 2015 draw (for the 2016 London Marathon) cannot enter the ballot this year.
- You must provide proof of rejection in the public ballot by production of the London Marathon Commiserations magazine, letter and/or email.
- If you are successful, the ballot place is non-transferable.
- If you are successful, you will be excluded from the next two London Marathon draws unless you are unable to take up a place. Please note that completing the on line entry assumes you have taken up your place whether you run the event or not.
- Two extra names will be drawn in the event that any of the first name(s) out of the hat know they are unable to run before completing the on line application. These two unlucky ‘extras’ will not be excluded from the next two draws unless they take end up taking a place surrendered by the original winner.
Entering the Club Ballot
If you think all of the above applies to you and you would like your name entered into the draw please let Andy Wilford know and have your rejection handy for verification.
A Social Evening is usually arranged to conduct the draw, please keep your eye on the Latest News section for details.